Living In A House With Black Mold Spores

Posted on

Are there numerous black areas on your walls that seems to be getting larger? Are you going to paint over the areas to bring some beauty back to your hone? Before you purchase any paint, get the black areas tested to make sure you are not dealing with mold. It is important for black mold to be removed in a specific way if it is in your house. Below, you will learn why black mold is something that you should be concerned about.

There are Neurotoxins in Black Mold Spores

Black mold is bad to live with because it release spores into the air. The spores are full of neurotoxins that can attack your mental health. Basically, if you inhale the spores, they can attach to the neurons that are in your brain. You can then begin to experience a variety of neurological problems that you might not know are related to there being black mold in your house. Suddenly experiencing mood swings when you don't normally have them is one of the conditions that can develop.

Black Mold Can Cause Long-Term Health Problems

Other than causing temporary mental problems, black mold can also cause long-term problems. For instance, your immune system can become weak from inhaling black mold spores. A weak immune system means that you will be able to get sick easier. Your immune system can possibly remain in such a condition for many years to come after the mold has been removed from your house.

Removing Mold on Your Own Can Cause More Problems

You might be able to remove black mold on your own, but it is too risky. The reason why is because the spores must be contained so they won't drift all over your house. Once there are spores all over your house, black mold can begin spreading in large amounts. You would then have a house that is potentially dangerous to live in. Keep in mind that if black mold causes severe damage, a house can become inhabitable and you can be forced to move out.

Keeping Your House Dry Can Prevent Black Mold

Once professionals have gotten rid of the black mold, it is important to keep your house dry. It will be difficult for the black mold to come back if there is no moisture in your house. Making sure your plumbing lines and roof are not leaking is a great way to keep moisture out of your house.  

For more information, contact a business such as The Professionals Kauai, LLC.


Share